Homemade BBQ baked potato chips
I made these last night for my chip addicted fiancé, he and I loved them so much that I felt compelled to share the recipe. I have been wanting to make a healthier homemade version of chips for a while now. I don't think there is a more moreish food out there and I wanted to create a simple recipe you could feel good about eating. These are baked with minimal oil, and of course don't contain any preservatives. Plus there is something extra nice about eating a warm potato chip straight out of the oven. I recommend using a mandoline slicer instead of a knife to get the potatoes extra thin, which you can find online for only a few dollars. Whichever way you do it, at the end you'll have crispy, flavorsome, and healthy potato chips. I hope you love them as much as I do!
Makes 1-2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
FOR THIS RECIPE YOU'LL NEED
- 2 small gold potatoes washed + scrubbed with the skin on
- Olive oil spray
- 2 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp nutritional yeast
- Pinch of chili (depending on how spicy you prefer)
- Preheat the oven to 375º Fahrenheit.
- Prep a sheet pan with a layer of parchment paper and lightly spray with olive oil.
- Combine all the spices into a small bowl and whisk together until fully combined.
- Carefully slice the potatoes into thin pieces over a large bowl using a mandoline. How thin you want them is up to you but I would recommend using the second thinest setting. Keep in mind that if you do make them thicker they may need to bake for longer.
- Sprinkle half of the spice mixture onto the potatoes still in the bowl and use you hands to throughly coat them. Make sure to reserve half of the spice mixture.
- Transfer the potatoes to the parchment paper lined baking sheet and use your hands to spread them out evenly.
- When the potatoes are evenly placed on the baking sheet, lightly spray them with oil and dust an even layer of the remaining spice mixture on top of them.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Allow to cool before serving as they will crisp up more as they cool.