No Bake Protein Bars with Cacao Coconut Butter
I love having protein bars on hand on busy days when I don't have time to grab a proper meal to stave off hunger. Unfortunately, I find it difficult to find store bought bars that have an ingredient list that meet my desire for clean ingredients. Enter these no bake protein bars, they are so easy to make so I don't have to rely on store bought protein bars anymore. I just make a batch, and store them in my freezer to take with me on busy days. They are delicious, naturally sweetened, and contain simple, healthy ingredients. They may taste decadent but are so good for you! They make a great afternoon snack or on the go breakfast.
If you do try these out let me know, and if you take a photo tag me on instagram @bykindlykate #bykindlykate.
This recipe makes 8, 4"x2" in. bars
FOR THIS RECIPE YOU WILL NEED
- 1 1/3 cup oats
- 15 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder (I used Trader Joes organic chocolate hemp protein)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
CACAO COCONUT BUTTER:
- 2 1/2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Begin by adding oats, dates, protein powder, and peanut butter to a food processor and blending on high for 2-3 minutes to combine, scraping down the sides when necessary.
- Add mixture to a 9x9 inch pan and press into bottom making a even surface.
- Make the cacao coconut butter by adding coconut flakes, cacao powder, maple syrup, and salt to food processor blend on high for 10-12 minutes. Drizzle in 3 tbsp warm water to coconut butter at half way point and scrape the sides down every couple of minutes.
- Pour coconut butter on top of the protein bar already in pan and smooth evenly with a spatula.
- Put in freezer for at least 10-15 minutes to harden.
- Cut bars into eighths and store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.