Roasted Peaches & Baked Rawnola
I love a dessert that is healthy enough to have as breakfast, or I guess you could look at it as a breakfast yummy enough to have for dessert... either way, these roasted peaches topped with 'rawnola' are pretty special. To make it even more special, I like to add some whipped coconut milk & pecans. You can buy pre-made coconut whip cream or make it at home by whipping chilled full fat coconut milk.
& I have to give credit where credit is due, and mention Loni Jane, the creator of the recipe for rawnola, I will link her website here because she is amazing, has so many great recipes, and is a huge inspiration to me.
If you do try these out let me know, and if you take a photo tag me on instagram @bykindlykate #bykindlykate.
FOR THIS RECIPE YOU WILL NEED
- 3 ripe peaches cut into thin slices
- 1 tsp of brown or demerara sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 10-12 pitted dates
- 2 tbsp coconut whipped cream
- 2 tbsp crushed pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread the peach slices on the parchment paper and sprinkle with tsp of sugar. Bake in the oven for 15-20 until bubbling and slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the oats and dates in a food processor or high speed blender until small clusters form. Spread the mixture out evenly on the remaining baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Take the peaches & rawnola out of the oven, plate the peaches and top with rawnola, coconut whipped cream and peacans.