Cauliflower Buffalo Bites
This recipe is adapted from Hot For Food's cauliflower buffalo wings, I wanted to try my hand at making them a little bit healthier. This recipe turned out really well, and is surprisingly simple to make. Even my boyfriend who despises cauliflower loved these, so that is a testament to how good they are. They are perfect to serve for parties especially to meat eaters! For this recipe I use Franks Red Hot Pepper Sauce but it is very spicy. You could replace it with BBQ sauce or any buffalo sauce you prefer.
If you do try these out let me know, and if you take a photo tag me on instagram @bykindlykate #bykindlykate.
FOR THIS RECIPE YOU'LL NEED
- 1 head of cauliflower broken into about 4 cups of florets
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened soy milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3/4 cup wholemeal flour or all purpose flour
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 2 tsp onion granules
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- large pinch of salt
- large pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup franks red hot
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper set aside, and set the oven to 450ºF.
- Break down the head of cauliflower into florets, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, spices, salt & pepper, water, and soy milk. Mix together until a the batter is smooth, the consistency should be thick enough to stick to the cauliflower.
- In the mixing bowl coat the cauliflower it in an even coat of batter, I do each floret individually and use my hands to do this.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the franks red hot into a separate bowl, and when the initial baking time is up, let the cauliflower cool to touch and then coat it once again this time in the hot sauce. Place the florets back on the parchment paper and bake again for another 30 minutes.
- When the 30 minutes is up, remove the cauliflower from the oven, let cool, and transfer to a serving dish. I finish them off by drizzling them with more franks red hot.