Miso Ginger Noodles
This is one of my favourite meals to make when I want something that's quick and easy to whip up but is also healthy, delicious, and satisfying. It's Asian inspired using ginger, tamari(gluten free soy sauce), and miso, flavours that compliment each other beautifully. I used black rice noodles, not only because they make the dish more beautiful but also because they are higher in antioxidants then their brown and white counterparts, but you can use whichever rice noodle availible to you. This dish can be easily changed up depending on whatever veggies you love or have on hand. I have made it with mushrooms, snow peas, and bay corn and found it to be delicous. So go ahead and used up whatever you have! I recommend finishing the dish by topping it with cashews, cilantro, pomegranate, sesame seeds, and green onion to add more flavour & texture.
If you do try this out let me know what you think, and if you take a photo tag me on instagram @bykindlykate #bykindlykate.
FOR THIS RECIPE YOU'LL NEED
- rice noodles (white, brown, or black)
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 2 medium sized carrots ribboned
- 4 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 tbsp sesame oil(optional)
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tsp white miso paste
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder(adjust to your preferred level of heat)
- black pepper
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 green onions (white and light green parts) chopped
- small handful of cilantro
- 4 tbsp cashews
- 2 tbsp pomegranates
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on high heat. Cook the noodles following the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan add the ginger, garlic, chilli powder, pepper and either 3 tbsp water or 1 tbsp sesame oil for 3 minutes on medium heat adding more water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Turn heat to medium low and add to the pan carrots, red pepper, soy sauce, and miso paste sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked noodles, and spinach and cook until the spinach wilts.
- Plate and garnish with cashews, green onion, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.