Avocado on Sweet Potato Toast
I live for avocado toast and I eat it most days. It's just the easiest, yummiest, quickest, and most satisfying lunch. I was talking the other day to a friend who has been eating completely plant based for the last week or so, and he told me he doesn't want to be eating a load of grains i.e. bread, pasta, and rice but is having a hard time coming up with alternatives. Now I want to say, I think whole grains are an important part of a healthy diet, and I eat them in abundance without any issues, or weight gain etc. but I do understand the desire for alternatives. I like to mix it up every now and again myself. Enter this Avocado Sweet Potato Toast. You can simply swap the toast for sweet potato cut into slices. Plus avocado and sweet potato are a match made in heaven. This makes a great balanced lunch with healthy fat from the avocado, and lots of antioxidants from the sweet potato and only takes about 30 minutes to make.
If you do try this out let me know what you think, and if you take a photo tag me on instagram @bykindlykate #bykindlykate.
This recipe serves 2
FOR THIS RECIPE YOU'LL NEED
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut into slices
- 1 large avocado
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- smoked parika
- salt & pepper
- oregano (optional)
- pepitas (optional)
- Preheat the over to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into slices as shown in the photos and sprinkle generously with cumin, smoked paprika, black pepper, and salt.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the oven directly on the baking rack (I find that this cooks them more evenly)and bake for 25-30 minutes until slightly brown on top. The sweet spot for me was about 28 minutes but everyones oven differs slightly.
- In the meantime prepare the avocado by cutting it into even slices.
- When the sweet potatoes are finished take them out of the oven and let them cool slightly before plating them and topping with the avocado slice, and the lemon juice. Add a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and oregano and finish off by topping with pepitas. Serve & enjoy!