Vegan Black Bean Brownies
Fudgey, rich, chocolate goodness with the fiber and protein of black beans. These brownies accomplish what I strive for in all my recipes, they are easy to make, delicious, and healthy. They don't require any strange ingredients, or hard to pronounce super foods. You may already have everything required to make them on hand. All you have to do is throw a few things into a blender or a food processor, bake for twenty minutes, and voila you have the perfect afternoon treat.
FOR THIS RECIPE YOU WILL NEED
- 1/2 cup rolled oats ground into flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 15 oz can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- semi-sweet dairy free chocolate chips
1.Pre-set the oven to 350º F(176ºC). Grease muffin tin, or use paper liners.
2.Start by pulsing rolled oats in a blender or food processor into a finely ground flour.
3.Add in the remaining ingredients and blend until very smooth and combined. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides periodically.
4. Once the desired consistency is reached pour into your chosen dish, I used a muffin tin which made six brownies, and top the brownies with the chocolate chips before baking.
5.Bake for 20-25 minutes. Mine took about 22 minutes but keep in mind that everyones oven is slightly different so check on it every few minutes. They are done when you stick a toothpick or knife into the brownie and it comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven and let them cool in baking dish for five minutes before removing them to cool on a plate or baking rack.
Enjoy straight away, or store in an airtight container.