1 Ingredient Vegan Ice Cream
I always dreamt of having ice cream for breakfast as a kid and now I can because this super simple recipe makes a great base for a healthy breakfast that feels like a decadent treat. I also love to make this banana ice cream for a healthy dessert! It requires just one ingredient, and tastes great on its own but also provides a canvas for any toppings you desire. It's incredible how the blended bananas are transformed to a texture very similar to ice cream. You should use very ripe bananas, ones that are covered in spots. You can just chop em up and pop them in the freezer to have on hand. It is a great way to use up those bananas that are a little too ripe to eat on their own. You can blend with cacao powder for chocolate, strawberries for strawberry flavoured ice cream , or add in vanilla powder/extract! I love topping it with homemade granola as a kind of frozen parfait.
If you do try this out let me know what you think, and if you take a photo tag me on instagram @bykindlykate #bykindlykate.
This recipe makes 2 servings
FOR THIS RECIPE YOU'LL NEED
- 4 ripe and frozen bananas cut up into 1 inch coins
- Cut bananas into coins and freeze for at least six hours, ideally overnight.
- When the bananas are frozen through add them to a high powered blender, turn on the blender at a low speed an increase slowly until they begin to blend, at this stage you may need to add a touch of water or almond milk to help them along being careful not to add too much as you want a ice cream not a smoothie consistency.
- Blend bananas until creamy and smooth.
- Adorn with chosen toppings and eat straight away, or transfer to a tupperware container and store in the freezer for up to five days.