Almond Butter Chocolate Bites
Creamy, chocolatey, perfectly sweet and made with wholesome ingredients, these Almond Butter Chocolate bites, or ABC bites for short, taste decadent, but are a healthy treat with a great balance of fats, proteins, and carbs. They make a great on the go breakfast, post workout protein hit, or anytime snack to satisfy your sweet tooth. The best part is that they are super easy & quick to throw together using 10 ingredients and taking just 10 minutes.
If you do try this out let me know what you think, and if you take a photo tag me on instagram @bykindlykate #bykindlykate.
This recipe makes 12 1" bites // It takes 10 minutes
FOR THIS RECIPE YOU'LL NEED
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao (I use a cacao maca blend, but you could use two parts cacao to one part maca)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use unflavored but chocolate or vanilla would be great)
- 5 pitted medjool dates
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Shredded coconut (optional)
*I used my vita-mix for this recipe and it worked very well, however I would not recommend a standard blender for this recipe, a food processor will be your best bet.
- If your dates are very dry start by soaking them in warm water for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine flax seeds, cacao, oats, protein powder, in separate bowl, whisk together and add to food processor/high powered blender.
- Add dates, almond butter, maples syrup, vanilla, and sea salt to blender. Mix until combined and mixture forms a dense brownie-like texture.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and roll into 1-1 1/2 inch balls.
- Sprinkle the formed balls with shredded coconut, toss, and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Info: *rough estimate
ServingSize: 1 ball(of 12-13) Calories:100 Fat: 4.5 grams Carbs: 11.5 grams Protein: 4.5 grams