Butternut Squash & Tomato Pasta
One of my favorite dishes to make this winter, I absolutely love the combination of butternut squash, and tomatoes. Its delicious, filling, and warm, but super simple to make. It requires just 7 ingredients + salt & pepper. It comes together really quickly, and is hearty, but healthy!
Watch me make this recipe here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db9d4ePfAG4&t=6s
FOR THIS RECIPE YOU'LL NEED
- 1/2 medium sized butternut squash with the skin removed cut into one 1 inch cubes
- 3 medium sized tomatoes chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt & pepper
- enough pasta of choice for 2 (i used whole wheat penne)
- Begin by putting a medium sized pot of water, with a pinch of salt on the stove to boil.
- While the water heats up, begin chopping the butternut squash into 1 inch cubes, removing the skin as you go. When the water is boiling add the squash directly to the pot.
- Add the garlic to a large pan with 2 tsp olive oil over medium heat. Stir and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan with the garlic and stir to combine.
- Add in the basil, oregano, and a large pinch of salt & few cracks of black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta.
- When the squash is done cooking (about 15-20 minutes) drain and add it to the pan with the tomatoes and garlic. Stir to combine.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain and add it to the pan with two handfuls of spinach. Stir to combine and cook until the spinach wilts( about 2-3 minutes).
- When the spinach is done cooking, drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper if needed. Plate and enjoy!