Non-Toxic & Cruelty Free Beauty
I have been on the hunt for non-toxic & cruelty free products for sometime, but it has taken me quite a long time to find products that really work well. I think I have finally rounded up a list of some seriously lovely and totally effective products that are earth, animal, and human friendly. So read on and let me know if you have any natural favorites of your own!
- S.W. Basics cleanser. I love this stuff for a few reasons, one it only has three ingredients, two it is really effective at removing makeup and oil, and three it comes in a glass bottle which is always better than plastic in my book.
- Thayer's Witch Hazel. This is so great to get a deeper cleansing of the skin. Since using it any breakouts have subsided and my skin feels so much cleaner. I also love that is it alcohol free so it is super gentle and yet effective.
- Leven Rose Rose Water. I love having facial mists to spray on before I apply oil to my skin for added hydration, and this simple, organic one calms my skin and smells amazing.
- Herbivore Botanicals Phoenix Facial Oil. Speaking of oils... this one happens to be my absolute favorite, I have been rebuying it for a couple of years now and it works wonders on keeping my skin glow-y and hydrated.
- Neal's Yard Remedies White Tea Facial Mist. Another facial mist that I love, this one is super calming for the skin. It's great to bring on a long haul flight to mist yourself back to life!
- Neal's Yard Remedies Beauty Sleep Concentrate. I seriously love Neal's Yard, their products are incredible... simple, natural and effective. This night cream hydrates my skin beautifully without being at all heavy.
- RMS Beauty. Lip2cheek, eye polish, and living luminizer. RMS beauty products are gorgeous, they feel like a second skin which is how I love my makeup to feel. Made from super wholesome ingredients, and perfect for achieving glow-y, natural looking makeup.
- Lucas Papaw Remedies Ointment. My go to lip balm for years and years. It's natural and ultra hydrating.
- 100% Pure Long Last Concealer. I love this stuff, again like RMS it is definitely made for someone who likes a natural look, it goes on light but you can build it up for more coverage, and again it just feels like a second skin. Plus its fruit pigmented which I love.
- Pacifica Natural Minerals Dream Big Mascara. Finally a vegan mascara that works! I have been looking for ages for a non toxic, vegan mascara that doesn't flake off and I have finally found it.
- Eco Tool Brushes. I really love this brand, they go the extra mile to make products that are not only cruelty free and non toxic but also super earth friendly from the packaging to the products themselves. Plus these brushes are really affordable and great quality.
- Dr.Bronners All-One Hemp Almond Pure-Castile Bar Soap. I feel like this brand is the OG earth mother brand, I have been using their body wash for ages but recently switched to using bar soap in order to use less plastic, it works just the same and last ages.
- Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Oil. This is my go to body oil because it is ultra moisturizing but doesn't have a scent therefore it provides a perfect base for adding essential oils so you can customize your own scent.
- Bergamot and Lavender Essential Oils. My favorite combination to mix with almond oil. Smells amazing, plus these oils have the added benefit of chilling you out as they both have a calming effect.
- Eco Dent Baking Soda Toothpowder. Okay so I may have lost you at toothpowder, but I swear this stuff cleans my teeth better than any paste I've used, and whitens my teeth without any harsh chemicals.
- Woobambo Toothbrush. Made from bamboo and totally biodegradable. Get yourself a bamboo toothbrush! Such a simple, easy way to cut out plastic. Did ya know every plastic toothbrush ever made still exists because plastic takes ages to breakdown. I'm not totally plastic free, or really anywhere close to where I want to be, but when it is as easy as using a bamboo toothbrush I think that is something everyone could commit to!
- Butter London Nail Foundation. Their nail products are formulated without Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, DBP, Toluene, Camphor, Ethyl Tosylamide, Xylene, or TPHP. (that's bad stuff apparently) Plus it is seriously the best base coat and helps colors go on silky smooth!
- Karma Naturals Nail Polish Remover. Okay, this stuff is incredible, honestly it works better than the acetone removers I used to use, and it smells really good, like lavender, no toxic fumes.
- Defy & Inspire Nail Polish. More of the same... formulated without some of the harsher chemicals found in most nail polishes, but more affordable than Butter London plus it goes on really well and lasts as well as any other polish I've used.
- Acure Ultra Hydrating Conditioner. Finding a truly clean label conditioner is hard to do, finding one that really works is even harder. This product does both!
- Pukka Castor Oil. I massage this into my scalp to help my hair grow. It's really thick but when I wash it out my hair looks super shiny and healthy.
- John masters Haircare Honey & Hibiscus Hair Reconstructing Shampoo. This shampoo is great and smells sooo amazing.
- Yarok Feed Your Ends. This leave in conditioner helps save my scalp from my very tangled hair. Plus Yarok donates a part of their profits to help save the rainforest.
- Turmaquik Turmeric Supplement. Is this a beauty product? I don't know... but I feel like it's anti inflammatory properties help keep me skin clear, so it made the list.
- Schmidt's Bergamot + Lime Deodorant. THEY HAVE DONE IT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. A natural deodorant that works just as well as your run of the mill, aluminum containing, "regular" antipersperants. I thank you, my friends and family thank you Schmidt, whoever you are, you genius you.