Golden Turmeric Hummus
This is my classic hummus recipe with turmeric added, and its my favorite way to prepare hummus. I love adding turmeric to things because I like to take advantage of it's anti-inflammatory benefits, and it also adds a earthy taste to hummus that I think pairs perfectly with the other ingredients! I eat this with veggie crudités, in sandwiches, on top of grain bowl and salads... the options are endless! My favorite afternoon snack is this golden hummus on top of rice crackers, with some black pepper and parsley. Simple to make, super healthy, and delicious this hummus is the perfect thing keep on hand as it's great for solo snacking but also makes a great dip to share with friends.
If you do try this out, let me know and if you take a photo tag me on instagram @bykindlykate #bykindlykate.
Makes about 1 heaping cup of hummus
Total Cook & Prep Time: 10 minutes
FOR THIS RECIPE YOU'LL NEED
- 15 oz can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 - 1 tsp dried turmeric
- 1/2 tsp dried cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a blender and begin blending drizzling in 2 tbsp of water as it blends. Add in salt & pepper to taste. The blend time will vary depending on what type of blender you use as well as your whatever your desired consistency is. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides as you go. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into a serving dish and top with smoked paprika, black pepper, and parsley.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.